Utility construction executives guide show planning to meet industry needs
Rick Rodier, general manager of the Sitework Systems Division of The Toro Company, has been named chair of the 2017 ICUEE, International Construction and Utility Equipment Exposition.
He oversees the ICUEE 2017 management committee, a cross-section of utility construction leaders who guide strategic planning to ensure the show remains focused and relevant to industry needs.
Rick Johnson, chief executive officer of The Charles Machine Works, serves as vice chair.
ICUEE, also known as The Demo Expo, will be held October 3-5, 2017 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Kentucky, and is the leading event in North America for utilities and utility contractors seeking the latest product innovations and best practices for construction and rehabilitation projects.
“Our goal is to provide the best possible environment for attendees to conveniently find all the products and expertise they need to help grow their businesses, and for exhibitors to effectively reach and serve customers,” said Rodier.
Rick Rodier began his career with Toro in 1987, holding a variety of operational, marketing and business roles with increasing responsibilities, and was named general manager of Toro’s Sitework Systems business in 2004. He also serves as a director on the CE Sector Board of the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM), ICUEE owner and producer.
Rick Johnson joined The Charles Machine Works in 1987, holding positions with increasing responsibilities, including chief financial officer, chief information officer and chief operating officer. He was named chief executive officer in 2015. He too is active in AEM.
ICUEE Earns ‘Fastest 50,’ Top-Show Honors
The biennial ICUEE recently won exhibition industry honors from Trade Show Executive magazine as one of the “fastest 50” growing shows in the U.S. for 2015. And it took the number-four spot in the Top U.S. Trade Shows of 2015 list compiled by TSNN, Trade Show News Network.
ICUEE 2015 covered more than 27½ acres of exhibits where attendees comparison-shopped more than 950 suppliers through equipment test drives and interactive product demonstrations. Manufacturers and service providers showcased their products in job-like conditions for the electric, telecommunications/ cable, natural gas, water, and wastewater sectors.
ICUEE also offers a variety of targeted education programs from leading industry groups to complement the show’s outdoor and indoor exhibits, providing more value for attendees.
ICUEE 2017 Management Committee Also Named
Here is the full roster of the ICUEE 2017 Management Committee:
- David Althaus, Manager, Events and Promotion for John Deere Construction & Forestry
- Neil Borenstein, Director of Marketing, Sitework Systems Division for The Toro Company
- Christian Brahler, President & Chief Executive Officer for TT Technologies Inc.
- Mark Core, Vice President, Lifecycle Solutions/CMO for Vermeer Corporation
- David Gasmovic, President & Chief Executive Officer for McLaughlin Manufacturing Company
- Rick Johnson, Chief Executive Officer for The Charles Machine Works (Vice Chair)
- John Kestler, Director, Exhibits & Events for Cummins Inc.
- Steve Kiefer, Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing for Manitex International
- Michael Norman, Director, Sales & Marketing for Vacall/Gradall Industries Inc.
- Anne Paluso, Marketing Communications Manager, Construction Equipment North America for Case Construction Equipment
- Thom Peebles, Vice President, Marketing for JCB Inc.
- Jim Rauckman, Managing Member for Rauckman Utility Products
- Rick Rodier, General Manager, Sitework Systems Division for The Toro Company (Chair)
- Megan Tanel, Senior Vice President, Exhibitions & Events for Association of Equipment Manufacturers
- Terry VanConant, Marketing Manager for Terex Corporation
- Mark Wegel, Director, Corporate Communications for Altec Industries Inc.
For the latest details on attending or exhibiting at ICUEE – The Demo Expo, go online to www.icuee.com.